This unique program allows for high-level collaboration between top tier academics and diverse practitioners with an interest in the regulation, conspicuity, design, placement, and effectiveness of sign systems and visual communication elements in an urban environment.
Criteria for Application
The Sign Research Foundation wants to provide an opportunity for emerging professionals to experience the breadth of inspirational, experiential and practical education in one event. Therefore, we give preference to graduate students or those applicants who have fewer than seven (7) years of practical experience in their field. The scholarship is open to urban planners, landscape architects, code officials, community developers, graduate students, and any other practitioners who have interest or responsibility in writing, regulating, interpreting, or enforcing sign ordinances.
All accepted participants must commit to:
- Being present for the full program
- Actively engaging and participating in round table exercises and sponsored events
- Completing an evaluation about your experience
Once accepted into the program, participants will receive:
- Discounted entry to SRF and ISA education sessions
- Two (2) nights of hotel stay
- Free entry to the ISA Sign Expo tradeshow floor
- $250 stipend towards travel costs upon completion of the full program
- Guided tours of the tradeshow floor focusing on innovative materials and technology
- Small group work on your community's sign code with a network of experts and peers
See what previous attendees have to say about their experience: